Learn how to repair your bike at home, on the road or on the trail!
- Bi-weekly clinics covering a wide range of maintenance topics.
- Led by Matt Kelsay, our Shop Mechanic.
- See below for upcoming clinics and details on each class.
- Click in the "date/time" field to sign up, or just swing by.
|DATE/TIME: click here to sign up!||SUBJECT||LOCATION||DURATION|
|01/25/23 Wednesday - 5pm||Winter Bike Maintenance/Cleaning||The Shop||1 hr|
Basic Home Repair
- Flat tire/tube repair. Proper pressure
- Front and rear derailleur adjustment
- Housing and cable replacement
- Headset/BB adjustment
- Brake adjustment
- Advanced and if time, Tubeless tire install
Bicycle Cleaning & Drivetrain Maintenance
- When to clean your bike
- Post ride bike cleaning
- Proper cleaning agents
- Drying and final touches
- Lube and grease post clean
- Pre ride check
- Nuts and Bolts; what to tighten
- Proper headset adjustment
- Tire pressure
- Wheel and tire safety
- Brake intro, types and where they apply
- Overview of basic components and their function
- Rim vs. Disc
- Hydraulic vs. Cable
- Set up
- Common issues
- Service considerations, and intervals.
Suspension Basics & Set-up
- Suspension intro, types, front and rear shocks.
- Overview of suspension components and their function.
- Basic suspension set up (sag, psi, tools needed)
- Common issues
- Service intervals, and basic maintenance
Trail & Roadside Repair
- How to fix
- Flat tire (tube or tubeless)
- Broken derailleur/hanger
- Broken chain
- Bent rotor
- Tools to bring with you and how to carry them
- Wheel essentials and inspection
- Spoke tension
- Hub repair and proper maintenance
- Cassette inspection
- Freehub body maintenance
- Axle inspection and repair.